Si se pide hoy, se estima recibir en la librería el 06/07/20
How to Get Your Music into Film, TV, Advertising, Digital Media & Beyond.
Record deals are so twentieth century. Today, music licensing is the fastest route to widespread exposure and a steady income. Creators of films, television shows, commercials, video games, ringtones, podcasts and other digital-age media hunger for music perfectly suited to their projects—providing endless, lucrative opportunities for savvy musicians. Whether you’re an unknown composer, an up-and-coming songwriter, an independent-label performer, or a big label star, there’s a place for you in this fast-growing field—as long as you learn to master the game.
How does music licensing work? Where are the most abundant and rewarding opportunities? Find the answers in this authoritative, up-to-the-moment overview of one of the most effective ways to market your talent. It’s all here:
- The key players in the music licensing business and the best ways to make contacts and bring your music to their attention
- Types of licensing agreements and how to understand them
- An inside look at the licensing selection process and how to get a jump on music requests
- Negotiating payment and protecting your music in the open marketplace, including international venues
- Getting music licensed for television shows, films, commercials, digital media, and less obvious markets like colleges and universities, theater companies, corporate training videos, and restaurants
- Firsthand advice from top music executives, marketers, music supervisors, lawyers, talent managers, and filmmakers
1. The business of music licensing
2. Music licensing players
3. Music licensing agreements
4. Licensing-related agreements and terms
5. Protecting your music
6. Show me the money!
7. What music works best for licensing?
8. Making a game plan
9. Cultivating contacts and relationships
10. Presentation tools
11. Getting music licensed in television shows
12. Getting music licensed in films
13. Getting music licensed in advertising
14. Getting music licensed in brand enterteiment and sponsorships
15. Getting music licensed in digital media
16. Getting music licensed in less obvius markets
17. Making money internationally
18. Frequently asked questions
19. Advice from the pros