Inside Improvisation, vol. 3: Jazz Line
- ISBN: 978-3-89221-049-8
- Editorial: Advance Music
- Año de la edición: 1996
- Colección: Inside Improvisation Series for All Instruments, Número 3
- Encuadernación: Rústica
- Formato: 23,5x30,5
- Páginas: 110
- Idiomas: Inglés
- Tipo: LIBRO (incluye CD)
- código del editor: ADV 14260
Comenta y valora este libro
Archivos para descarga
Sin stock. Si se pide hoy, se estima recibir en la librería el 11/05/21
A clear and practical step-by-step approach to chromaticism, line playing and voice leading. The CD contains 23 play-along tracks (most of them played in two tempos), based on standard chord progressions, performed by a professional rhythm section, featuring Renato Chicco on piano, Dave Santoro on bass, and Adam Nussbaum on drums. In addition Jerry demonstrates various exercises and approaches on tenor saxophone. Chord changes are included for C concert, B flat and E flat instruments. Jerry Bergonzi is a highly respected jazz educator/musician who lives and teaches in the Boston area. Over many years his "Inside Improvisation" system has proven to be tremendously successful.
CD track list
1. Major and dominant bebop scales
2. Tonic minor and dom7b9b13 scales
3. Scale segments. Using five or seven notes: "Alice". "Spring Joy"
4. Harmonic anticipation
5. Bop scale modes
6. Bop scale modes for tonic minor and dom7b9b13: "Afternoon in Strasbourg"
7. Bop scales starting on the 9th: "Hazy Birg"
8. Bop scales starting on the 11th: "Fall Foliage"
9. Bop scales starting on the 13th: "Is This Thing Called Love?" "Have You Met Miss Miller"
10. Across the Bar Line: "Great Moments"
11. Rhythmic variations
12. Melodic variations. Approaching and leaving off the bop scale with tag notes
13. Ten notes bog scales
14. Practice grids
15. Crossing the bar line and changing direction: "Herman 'n You"
16. Scale on scale: "Very Late"
17. Skipping notes of the bop scale