A Dictionary for the Modern Flutist
- ISBN: 978-0-8108-6711-6
- Editorial: Scarecrow Press, Inc.
- Año de la edición: 2009
- Encuadernación: Cartoné
- Formato: 22x28,5
- Páginas: XXIII+249
- Idiomas: Inglés
- Tipo: LIBRO
Si se pide hoy, se estima recibir en la librería el 27/05/19
Foreword by Trevor Wye.
A Dictionary for the Modern Flutist presents clear and concise definitions of more than 1,500 common flute-related terms that a player of the Boehm-system flute may encounter. Fully illustrated with more than 100 images, the entries contain descriptions of words related to all aspects of the flute: flute types, flute parts, flute repair, playing techniques, acoustics, articulations, intonation, common ornaments, flutemaking, flute history, flute music books, and more.
Susan Maclagan has thoroughly researched and classified each term, including important flute words that have caused confusion or not been clearly defined previously, listing them alphabetically with concise, in-depth definitions. Carefully labeled illustrations for many flute types, parts, mechanisms, and accessories help to make the definitions easier to visualize. The entries also consist of brief biographies of more than 50 significant names in the flute community worldwide. Several appendixes provide further information on subjects like flute classifications, types of modern Boehm-system flutes and their parts, key and tone hole names, head joint options, and orchestra and opera audition excerpts. Two articles, Checking Your Flute Tuning and Scale by the flutist and pedagogue Trevor Wye - who also contributed the foreword - and Flute Clutches by the historian David Shorey, are also included, as well as an extensive bibliography.
-Foreword (Trevor Wye)
-List of common abbreviations
-List of illustrations
1. Various flute classifications
2. One-keyed, two-keyed, and simple-system flutes
3. One-keyed, two-keyed, and simple-system flutes parts
4. Flute clutches (David Shorey)
5. Parts from older or modified Boehm flutes
6. The family of Boehm-system flutes
7. Basic modern flute parts
8. Boehm flute key and tone hole names
9. Common modern flute options
10. Some modern head joint options
11. An easy guide to checking your flute tuning and scale (Trevor Wye)
12. Tools of the trade
13. Anatomy of the human head, neck, and mouth
14. Orchestra and opera audition excerpts
-About the author